It was my first time making these Butter Mochi and boy were these ever delicious! The buttery soft and slightly chewy treats were a hit in my household.
Butter Mochi Recipe:
• 1 pound mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
• 3 cups whole milk
• 5 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup of icing sugar (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
– Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and milk.
– In a separate larger bowl, stir together the rice flour, sugar, and baking powder.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir to blend. Mix in melted butter and coconut. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool completely then cut into squares, sprinkle icing sugar (optional) and serve.
* recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com